Lifeline is a government assistance program that offers helps lower the cost of monthly phone service for eligible, low income households. Lifeline can only be used for the primary telephone line in the household. The name on the phone bill must match the name of the person who qualifies for Lifeline, unless the qualifying person is a dependent; for example: your child, and may not be transferred to anyone. One Lifeline service is available per household.
If you receive any approved government assistance below you may be eligible for a free cellphone:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) or Section 8
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program’s free lunch program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Oklahoma Sales Tax Relief
- Vocational Rehabilitation (including hearing impaired)
- Total household income at or below 135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
Tribal Residents Only
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- Tribally administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Head Start (only those households meeting its income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
To send in your proof of benefit/income, please use one of the following options:
Mail: P.O. Box 9040, Toledo Oh, 43697-9040
List of Documents allowed for Proof of Benefits
Program Based Documents
- Current or prior year’s statement of benefits from a qualifying state, federal or Tribal program.
- A notice letter of participation in a qualifying state, federal, or Tribal program.
- Program participation documents. Ex. SNAP transfer card or Medicaid card (copy)
- Official document showing the customer’s participation in a qualifying state, federal, or Tribal program.
Income Based Documents
- Prior year's tax return
- Current income statement from an employer or paycheck stub
- Social security statement of benefits
- Veteran's Administration statement of benefits
- Retirement/Pension statement of Benefits
- Unemployment/Workmen's compensation statement
- Notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Divorce decree, child support award, or other official document containing income information